Alright so Father’s Day was a couple days ago, and I made some lemon meringue pies to celebrate (they were delicious, check out Preppy Kitchen’s blog for the recipe). However, the real show-stopping dessert was my Uncle’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. Talk about a rich dessert, wow. This is a dessert that he learned how to make while working in a restaurant prior to his career in construction. This restaurant happened to be the same one that my mom and aunt worked in as well. When we got to talking about the chocolate pb pie, we realized that my brothers were too young to have ever had it! Of course this was an atrocity that needed to be corrected, so my uncle made this pie for Father’s Day so we could all enjoy.
Honestly, this recipe is super simple. You can double it if you want to serve more people. You can add more peanut butter if you like a richer flavor. You can tweak it exactly to your liking, which is what makes it such a fun dessert. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 Cups Crushed Oreos (about half a package)
- 4 Tbs Melted Butter
- 3 Cups (1/2 of a standard 1.5 quart) Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Hot Fudge (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Pour Oreos into a ziplock bag and crush using a mallet (or anything heavy, really)
- Combine crushed Oreos and melted butter in a medium bowl until everything begins to stick together
- Press Oreo mixture into a 6 inch springform pan to create the crust, covering the bottom and sides of the pan
- Bake the crust for 5-7 minutes, until just crisped
- While the crust is baking, combine the ice cream and peanut butter to create filing
- Once crust is done baking, pour filling into pan and smooth the top
- Move pie to freezer for 4-6 hours until set (it is really easiest to make this the night before and freeze it overnight, but if you can’t do that give it the minimum 4 hours before you try and cut into it)
- Serve with hot fudge!!