Okay I don’t even have a tiktok and I know about the dalgona (whipped) coffee trend, so I am sure you have heard about it too. Being a major coffee drinker, I have been missing my regular Starbucks iced coffees during quarantine (although my bank account doesn’t miss them at all). I figured since it will probably be a while before I go back to those regular coffees even as things start to open up I should try out some alternatives.
I was worried at first, because I don’t have any fancy coffee equipment. No espresso machine, no milk frother, nothing. It turns out that this recipe is perfect for me, because you don’t need ANYTHING fancy. The only equipment you need is a bowl, a glass, and a whisk. (If you do want to be fancy, this milk frother from Amazon has great reviews.)
If you’ve seen the trend you know that the basic recipe is a 1:1:1 ratio between instant coffee, sugar and hot water. I put my own twist on it that includes an extra ingredient: cocoa powder! Alright, enough from me. Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think.
Yield: One, 12 ounce glass Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 tbs Instant coffee of your choice
- 1/2 tbs Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 2 tbs Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 8 oz Milk of your choice (I prefer almond or oat, but anything works)
- Add the coffee, sugar, and boiling water to a small bowl
- Whisk the ingredients together for about 2 minutes, or until you get the fluffy consistency you are looking for
- Add ice to a glass
- Pour about 8 oz milk of your choice over the ice, making sure to leave room for your whipped coffee
- Add whipped coffee over the top of your milk and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link on this post the author may receive a portion of the sale.